How to make a large scale Cybersecurity Transformation journey achievable?
Delivering a large-scale Cybersecurity transformation involves solving a complex unstructured problem. This blog neither covers nor advocates any specific project management practice. For a successful delivery, disciplined project management practice is a must-have; whether you follow waterfall or agile methodology.
Key considerations for successful Cybersecurity Transformation are:
- Fight the kick-off inertia
- Get an executive sponsor and board support
- Stakeholder Management
- Clear problem statement
- Break down the problem into manageable chunks
- Be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely)
- Don’t fall into the analysis-paralysis trap
- Set up Governance structure
- Communicate and keep the stakeholders updated
- Plan operationalization from day 1
Delivering large-scale Cybersecurity transformation into fully stable BAU Operations is generally a multi-year endeavour. The enterprise-scale delivery translates to a complex unstructured problem with multiple unknowns. As we traverse through the journey, the grey areas transform into known territories. With disciplined programme/project management, the Cybersecurity transformation is very much achievable.
Link to YouTube: https://youtu.be/IqVXPYAHLUQ